UPDATE!!! If you'd like some help making your own costume, PLEASE read through all of the comments on this image and the images related to this costume. I've added a bunch of commentary and linked some sketches and stuff that should help you out.
My Faun/Satyr Costume for my OC "Dima." 100% hand-made and worn at the Ren-Faire in Irwindale, CA on 05/06/2012.
I made pretty much every part of this outfit :
• Horns [sculpie/hot glue/acrylic paint/fastened to black elastic cord]
• Ears [fun-foam/red & blue thread(veins)/peach linen (for inner ear skin)/hot glue/cream colored faux fur (dyed with Rit for realistic coloring)/dark brown faux fur (to blend with hair)/)fastened to black elastic cord]
• Hemp Necklace [plastic bead (x3)/real ivory elk molars (x6)/brass bell]
• Loin Cloth [8'x1' black cotton/leather belt]
• Tail (not shown) [cream colored faux fur (dyed with Rit for realistic coloring)/dark brown cotton cord (as belt loop)]
• Thigh Fur [cream colored faux fur (dyed with Rit for realistic coloring)/1" black elastic strap (to secure to upper thigh)]
• Lower Legs [dark brown knee-high socks (with toes cut off)]
• Cloven Hoof Shoes (8" stiletto heels (with heels cut off)/.99cent store flip flops (cut up to make hooves)/metal screws & various metal elastic bits (to fasten hooves to shoes)/acrylic paint & hot glue (for color and texture)/dark brown faux fur (for above hooves)]
PLEASE VIEW THESE!
Detailed Horns: fav.me/d4z01a3
Edited Background: fav.me/d4zal00